Are you ready to be the best you?Expand your horizons, set your path, and prepare to become the best YOU can be!
Are You Ready To Enhance Your Life?With Inspiring Greatness, Change Your Mindset, Change Your Life!
Blog PostsOur latest blog posts
- You must have a 501(c)3. Not too many grant makers will fund without one or without a fiscal agent.
- You must have an operating budget. Even if you are funding the organization out of your pocket, you need to have a bookkeeping system in place with a separate banking account and designated tax preparer or Certified Public Accountant. Otherwise, you will still need a fiscal agent to receive some grants.
- You must have a track record. Even if you do the events for free you still need flyers, sign in sheets, and survey forms to show proof the event took place. Pictures are always great so create a website and post them in the gallery for funders to see.
- You must have a project, problem, or need you are addressing that the funder is interested in funding. There are billions of causes, but not all of them are fundable. What makes your cause or call fundable? Why should someone give you free money? You must be able to defend your product or project to obtain funding sources.
- What about your organization makes you different from other non-profit organizations? Every “Youth Program” is the same to a grant maker until you show them otherwise. Has your program changed lives? Do you have measured outcomes? This is vital to the success of the the grant. Make sure you keep all your success stories. Hanging them on the wall will not show the grant maker. Post the success stories on your website so you can use them as a reference.
Hey you guys! I just want to encourage you to have tunnel vision when pursuing your passions. In my quest for new grant makers this year, I began by making new relationships with new banks and financial institutions. I made a decision this year to make 120 new friends. So far, I have made about 56. My point, I am still working and halfway to my goal and it’s not halfway through the year yet. I focus on the tasks at hand, do not allow anyone to steer me in the direction they want me to go with compliments or money, and most importantly I am the master of my own time.
I am a firm believer that we reap what we sow. It is very important that you sow good seeds in business because the world is small and most of the funding sources know each other. Keeping a good relationship with one funding source could help you capture new funding sources. I love writing grants, but it’s only because I have worked so hard to learn this system. It is hard to learn the system, but once you do you break through. Don’t give up! Keep communicating! Keep submitting! Keep asking questions.
In order to receive the things you seek, you must keep these three things in mind. Grants are coming from the North, South, East, and West, but are you ready for a grant? Read my next blog on some tips to tell you if your organization is ready for a grant. If you do not meet these standards, please prepare yourself according. I do receive so many requests on social media from people who are not willing to even come to the website and read about our grant writing services. Please be willing to do some due diligence I will give you the steps you need to be successful. I am writing a tip blog next so tune in! Great to catch up and stay tuned!
2016 College Registration Seminar Was a Success!!!Self-Help
Last year when we hosted the 2015 Free College Registration Seminar we had 32 teens register and over 46 teen show up with their parents and siblings! This year we had 83 students register and over 106 showed up & everyone had a great time, participated to receive their community service hours, and learned lots of very important information about registering for college, becoming a concurrent students, and scholarships available upon graduation that teens can start applying for now. We have organizations, churches, and high schools requesting seminars in Irving, Las Colinas, Palestine, South Dallas, and even Hawaii!!! We have started reaching out to local banks for sponsorship of these events as this is something that has grown into a huge opportunity to assist our low-to-moderate income families who already cannot afford college for some of the most elite scholars of Frisco. It is sad to think some of the smartest students may not be able to attend college because their families cannot afford the tuition at private universities. To learn more about our internships and job readiness training please visit the training page.